Home Forums MagCAD Support Circuit Design General Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Saurabh KumarSaurabh Kumar
    Participant

Hi !!!
    I have a very basic query. “Can any equation be modeled in terms of Majority Logic” . Like if I have to implement a circuit which consists of 2 XOR gate and 1 OR gate, so obviously I can model XOR gate and OR gate using Majority Function, but If i say that using the basic inputs and majority logic (in general, max out of 3 input) , I can come up the same solution of the circuit, then I would be wrong. Isn’t it?

FabrizioFabrizio

Dear Saurabh,

in principle, you can implement any function using majority gate networks. You can use some example majority synthesis tools like ABC or MIG from Epfl. Then you can map the obtained logic network in NML technology.

Saurabh KumarSaurabh Kumar
    Participant

Hi,
    I recently came across this question “How can you say that the M(A,B,C) is AB+BC+CA”? I believe that we need to use MIGs to reduce the expression to majority but I am finding it difficult to arrive at the solution. I went through the paper titled “Majority-Inverter Graph: A Novel Data-Structure and Algorithms for Efficient Logic Optimization” by Luca Amaru where algorithms and rules have been listed but somehow still I have not been able to arrive at the answer. Can you help me with this reduction process step by step.
    Hoping to hear from you soon,
    Saurabh

## Update: I solved it. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Saurabh KumarSaurabh Kumar.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘General Question’ is closed to new replies.